Image Credit: sivers.org
“I’m a student, not a guru.” – Derek Sivers
“Success comes from persistently improving and inventing, not from persistently doing what’s not working.” – Derek Sivers
“For every event you get invited to, every request to start a new project, if you’re not saying, “Hell yeah!” about it, say no.” – Derek Sivers
“Make sure you know what makes you happy, and don’t forget it.” – Derek Sivers
You need to know your own personal philosophy of what makes you happy and what’s worth doing.
Few notes that are felt in my heart while reading Sivers’s book:
- Business is not about money. It is about making dreams come true for others and yourself.
- Making a company is a great way to improve the world while improving yourself.
- Never do anything just for the money.
- Don’t pursue business just for your own gain. Only answer the call for help.
- Success comes from persistently improving and inventing. Not through persistent promoting what’s not working. Think of bringing value to people, so people bring value to you.
- Starting with no money. Need no money to help people, let people understand the purpose.
- You can’t please everyone, it is okay to proudly exclude people.
- Make yourself unnecessary to the running of your business.
- Do only the things that make you happy. That is the only point of doing in the first place.
“Ideas are just a multiplier of execution…
To me, ideas are worth nothing unless they are executed. They are just a multiplier. Execution is worth millions.”
[ Billy Chan ] Idea always come to me by my thinking and my observation. At the time, I felt that idea is only the potential power. The key point of the great idea is when great idea meets great executions.
“That’s the Tao of business: Care about your customers more than about yourself, and you’ll do
If you find even the smallest way to make people smile, they’ll remember you more for that smile than for all your other fancy business-model stuff.”
[ Billy Chan ] This used to be my dad’s teaching to me since I’m young. Earn the “happy” money from people. Think of bringing value to people, makes your customer smiling happily. In return, they will bless you and the value that you bring to them.
No matter which goal you choose, there will be lots of people telling you you’re wrong. Just pay close attention to what really excites you (subtle tick on your heart) and what drains you out of your positivity. Pay close attention to when you’re being the real you and when you’re trying to impress an invisible jury.
[ Billy Chan ] Good advice. Listen closely to yourself. Listen closely to your heart. The feeling and click of the heart are different when your thought and doing is what really excites you. Take good observation and note down the small details. It makes you understand you more. There is no right or wrong answer, it is only a suitable answer.
Website worth knowing
Please support my blog to bring more goodness to the everyone by clicking on my affiliate link.